Sunday, June 20, 2010

Seq.Breaker Dev Journal # 7

A few quick updates, because it's been a while:
  • I've started the game over again from scratch. This is something I routinely do when I'm making a game, sometimes three or four times, sometimes as far as 3/4 of the way through the game. I find I'm able to make a more refined and elegant experience if I start over from the top.
  • I've decided to go with a new graphical style, and am currently looking for an artist to execute it. The style I'm looking for is now a bit more cartoony, something akin to what you'd find in the Metal Slug series or Gunstar Heroes.
  • I've decided to make the screen dimensions less extremely wide; it made the game feel slower. Not that the protagonist was moving slowly-- just that the extremely long rooms made it feel like you were lagging.
  • Story-wise, I've decided on a change that I think will provide a very interesting incentive towards the sort of meta-gaming that I want to encourage. More on that later.
  • I've also changed the name of the game from the unwieldy Sequence Breaker to the shorter Seq.Breaker. This will also help the game stand out in google searches (I hope).

More to come in the near future. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment